You would have to go to the embassy at least 2-3 times to successfully submit your application.
First visit: You will have to open an blocked account through the embassy. Without this account you are unable to apply your student visa. The embassy don’t know how long the bank are going to approve your bank opening, you would need to email the bank yourself.
Opening Blocked Account for Applying Student Visa
- Fill in the form that can be found in this Link : Deutsche Bank
- Bring everything required to the embassy. Including your Student Visa application form (Although you are unable to apply for visa at this stage, but they would be willing to check if you fill in the application form correctly).
What is a blocked account (Sperrkonto)?
- An account that limit your monthly withdrawable amount. For me, it’s 600 Euro
- Why? To ensure you have sufficient money to use until the end of your stay.
- For a 12 months visa you’ll need minimum 8700 Euro.
- If you are applying for a 6 months visa, then 4350 Euro. (Amount might change with the years pass by)
If you are applying for long term visa (eg: 12 months), you would not get a 12 months directly. You will get a 90 days and you’ll need to go to immigration office (Ausländerabteilung) nearby where you live to register yourself. At there, you’ll get a Residence Permit (Auftenhaltstitel).
Here is my another student visa post How to apply student visa to South Korea?