TIPS: New wooden mould need to have an oil bath before use. To avoid break while using it because you need to knock the wooden mould to remove the mooncake. Soak overnight and then wash it when you want to use it.
200g Hong Kong Flour ( 糕粉 )
120g Sugar syrup ( 糖浆 )
60g sunflower oil ( or peanut oil )
1/4 tsp Alkaline water ( 白视水)
1 tbsp sugar syrup ( 糖浆 )
1 tsp water ( 水 )
- Sift hong kong flour into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in (B), combine well to get a smooth dough in one direction.
- Cover with cloth, let it stand for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Roll each portion into a small ball shape.
- Lightly flour the mould.
- Place moon cake in mould, flatten, dislodge the moon cake.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10 mins, remove and brush with diluted sugar syrup.
- Continue to bake until the pastry turns golden brown- 15 mins,180°C.
- Remove moon cakes from oven and leave to cool.Store for 3 days before serving.
** You may buy alkaline water and sugar syrup from bakery shop or asian grocery store
ohhh x.x its my first time…and its ugly @@
— Have fun and happy mid autumn festival 中秋节愉快 ! —
i wonder why those mooncake so oily …