Recently preparing to go Korea for a long stay …joining some spring program at Korea university but is totally tough when my university management refuse to help me apply visa or they want you to liaise with the overseas university by our self.
After doing a long finding and some homework, here some info will help and guide you how to apply student visa to Korea.( Malaysia procedure) For Malaysians, documents required for student visa application are:
- Completed application form (download at mys.mofat.go.kr)
- One recent passport-sized photo
- Original passport
- Admission documents from Korean university (original and photocopy)
- Latest graduation / school-leaving certificate (original and photocopy)
- Proof of sponsorship OR personal bank statements for the latest 3 months, certified true by bank, with minimum balance not less than amount stated in the certificate of admission
- Flight ticket ( i print out the E-ticket)
- Additional documents may be requested upon assessment.
- Application must be submitted over the counter between 8:30am-11:30am Monday-Friday (except public holidays).
- Processing takes at least 3 working days
- Fee is RM96 for single-entry visa less than 90 days, RM160 for single-entry visa more than 90 days, and RM256 for multiple-entry visa.
*** For the amount you need, normally your organizer would know but if your visa duration is same like me 6 months, you need minimum RM10K in your bank and you can go to the service counter of the bank ask them to print the total amount of your or your guardian/guaranto’s bank account statement, best to be verify and sign by bank officer.
*For further inquiry, please contact – 03-4251 2336. (more information please go to Korea embassy website.)
* Korea embassy is very particular in every single of document, so you must very careful with your bank statement, offer letter, etc and don’t miss any document 🙂 or else you you need to submit again.
Here is my another post Procedure to apply student applicant visa to Germany